Sunday, October 7, 2007

Pink Pumas

Erich is a Puma person. He has bought me a few pairs over they years and has bought himself several pairs. More recently, his love affair with Pumas has increased because of his love affair with race car driving. I guess it is because Puma makes "real" driving shoes (that look like wrestling shoes to me.) So when I saw bright pink Pumas that would almost fit Laney, I had to tell him. He informed me that if I didn't purchase them, I would be in big trouble. (I hesitated because they were still too big for Laney and I like to believe I am a very frugal shopper especially when it comes to kids clothing but I knew they would be good winter shoes for her and they were on sale. Plus, I didn't want to be in trouble with Erich.)

Well, they have been sitting in her closet for a few months now. While I was in the hospital, my mom was finding and washing hand-me-downs for Laney when Laney came across the shoes box. She opened it and preceded to carry the shoes around the house for a good while. My mom finally called and asked if she could let Laney wear her new shoes. I said sure. And Laney was thrilled. According to my mom and Erich, Laney had a love affair/obsession with the shoes for the first 2 days. Laney even got mad when my mom took them off for nap time. Luckily the obsession is dying down though if Laney sees them, she brings them to you to put on her. I guess she takes after her dad. Now if only I could find some in infant sizes.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

We had a pair of Pumas for Ella last year that were the best! Here's a pair that goes as low as size 2...Allie will fit into them in no time.

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/2941142/0~2376778~2372811~2374870~2374888~2374891?mediumthumbnail=Y&origin=category&searchtype=&pbo=2374891&P=1

Anonymous said...

OK, so obviously my link didn't work. But just search the Nordstrom site for Puma Wheelspin Sneaker and you'll find it.

Courtney said...

Those are so cute it makes me want them for all 5 of mine!

Steph Weaver said...

We are Puma fans too...2 of my 3 kids wear them! The pink is so cute on Laney!

Nancy said...

so cute, I used to let Dallas sleep in his shoes because he'd cry if I took them off!

Amanda said...

LOVE THE SHOES!

Anonymous said...

Cute baby.. I also gifted a pair of Puma shoe to my sweet daughter on her birthday.