Wednesday, July 6, 2011

A date at the pool



Today Laney and I spent our afternoon at the pool all by ourselves. (Allie has suddenly started napping again every few days.) And I don't want to forget the time all to ourselves.


Today she wanted to practice her strokes for swim team.

And then she told me she wanted to skip count by 2's to 100. (And that made her math teaching mom smile just a bit even though I was not the one who taught her about skip counting.) And then we talked about 100s and 1000s and millions.

And then she wanted to play.

And then she wanted to talk about kindergarten and what it would be like. And whether it was okay to ask her knew friends their name. And to ask them again if she forgot. And what she would do there. And we talked about how I was excited for her to go but how I was going to miss her since she will be gone all day.

And then she wanted to play some more.

And then we talked about counting and numbers more.

And we talked about how when she gets old and becomes a mom she still wants to come over to see me.

And she just wanted to be by me. And we talked and laughed. And enjoyed our time all alone.


She starts kindergarten in 6 weeks and seems to be maturing everyday. And growing more curious and independent and helpful. I like to see her grow. I like to see her take responsibility. And I like to see her care so much for Allie and Nixon. But I also like to see her being willing to still snuggle with me. And still hold my hand. And still hug and kiss me. Because no matter hose old she gets, she will always be my Laney.

No comments: