Sunday, January 30, 2011

2 Weeks

Yesterday Erich came home from 2 weeks of working in California. To say that there were some happy faces at our house yesterday afternoon would be an understatement.

Two weeks is along time for someone to be gone. The girls and I only had a few times were we almost went to battle. (And I learned the second time that if I turn on the primary music it really helps calm us all down.) We had one plumbing problem courtesy of Laney and too much toilet paper. (Luckily, my mom who is a jack of all trades only lives a few minutes away.) We had a lot of oatmeal and scrambled eggs for dinner. (Meal plan, schmeal plan when dad is away.) And Nixon's napping schedule went out the window. (With dad not in his office, I can't very well leave him home alone while I drive the 2 minutes to take the kids to school.)

Luckily, we have family and good friends close by who are willing to help out and keep us all sane. My mom watched the girls multiple times including one Saturday at 6am so I could run and a weekend sleepover with all 4 other cousins before my big run. She also watched the girls one night so I could have a girls' night out and accompanied us to Yogurtini because I felt I deserved a treat. Thanks mom for all your help.

And welcome home Erich! We are excited to have all of our happy family back.

No comments: