Sunday, March 6, 2011

Role Reversal


I have a big sister. She is 4 years older than me. And growing up I wanted to be just like her. I wanted to have clothes like her. And hair like her. And act like her. She was the boss and I was just fine with that. I often based my decisions on what she did or was going to do. (That all ended when I was in college and realized accounting was BORING. And then again when she had 5 kids in less than 5 years and I knew I would never be as patient or relaxed as her.)
So naturally when Allie came along, I thought she would often follow Laney's footsteps. And want to be just like her. Funny thing is, these 2 have the roles reversed. Laney wants to be just like Allie. When it's time to play, Allie normally decides what they will play with. And during house, 95% of the time Allie is the mom and Laney is the sister. And if I ask Laney what she wants to wear, half the time she says, "What Allie is wearing." (And on those days when Laney picks first, very rarely will Allie ask for the same thing.)
Luckily, even thought they are reversing roles, they seem to have the sisters are best friends thing figured out. And I guess that is all that really matters.

2 comments:

Courtney said...

From the way Allie is looking at Laney in the picture I would never believe there is a role reversal. As long as they get the bff part down, all is good.

Brittany said...

I hope, hope, hope my girls will be besties.