Thursday, June 30, 2011

One





A few weeks ago, this kid turned one. I had big plans of doing cupcakes at lunchtime/swimming with Colleen and Grandma. Then we were going to go to dinner as a family and do cupcakes again. Unfortunately, I got the flue. And for the next 3 days I lyed on the couch doing pretty much nothing at all. Lucky for Nixon, he did get his lunch time cupcakes.


And even though Allie is convinced that he is still 0 because he isn't walking yet, I think he is pretty perfect. At 1,


  • he has 2 teeth

  • he is my first baby to weigh over 20 lbs at one year

  • he likes to clap and give high fives and on occasion wave

  • he talks a lot of babble but doesn't say much that actually means anythings

  • he walks all over the furniture and with toys or people but nothing solo yet

  • he is done with formula and the bottle

  • he likes to eat a lot

  • he doesn't appear to be a morning person as that is about the only time he cries (I guess he takes after his dad)

  • he likes to play with his sisters though they do not like it when he takes their toys

  • he loves the bath

  • he likes the pool- especially floating- but I usually make swimming time during his afternoon nap

  • he snuggles right up to you when you get him out of bed

  • he likes to lounge on me when I am lying on the floor with him

  • he has a cute giggle and is quite ticklish

  • he warms up to just about anyone but he does have a slight preference for mommy

  • he has curly hair that some people think is getting too long

  • he is a thumb sucker

  • and I think he is as cute as can be

7 comments:

Courtney said...

who are the people who think his hair is too long?

Erin said...

I can't believe he is a year. I think he is pretty darn cute too.

Mandy said...

Dad. He keeps threatening to take him to Bagby the barber.

Ashley said...

I can't even believe he is a year already! Such a cutie. Happy Birthday Nixon!

Amanda said...

Such a cute boy! I can't believe it's been a year.

Dee Dee Cox said...

I love thumb suckers. They are much easier babies. I also like that his hair is getting long. I love long hair on baby boys, Tony and Jacob both had long hair as toddlers. Keep up the good work.

Jen Rutter said...

Can't believe he is one already! Time Flies! Happy Birthday Nixon-I hope to actually meet you someday!